Wednesday 12 March 2014

Loosing weight - the weight watchers way?

As some of you will know, I have been a part of Kate's groovy mums this year and part of that is that I really want to loose weight and I also really need to loose weight! That is why I thought that it would be a good idea for me to get involved in wobbles Wednesday which is a weekly weight loss linky so that we can offer support and friendship with like minded people over at AutismMumma.



I have decided to go back to weight watchers as I feel that after trying a lot of different programes it is the best plan to fit in with family life. In the past I have tried nearly everything going, sliming world, the chocolate diet, diet pills, many different books, slim fast and that is just off the top of my head. The main problem that I have is that I start really well and then either loose interest or more often then not life gets in the way and throws me off track. I then tell myself that it is ok as anyone in my position would do the same and I go back to my comfort eating and unhealthy lifestyle and end up gaining more then I lost in the first place! The last time I tried to loose weight I joined weight watchers and it was going well. I lost nearly two stone over a period of ten weeks but then I tried to give up smoking and I told myself that I couldn't possibly do both at the same time and giving up smoking was more important so that was that. I then piled the two stone back on and I need to do something now before I follow my normal trend and get any bigger.



So with that in mind I went along to my first meeting on Thursday morning. I was really nervous as the meeting I use to go to had closed so it was a new venue with new leaders and my mum decided that it was not the right time for her to join so I had to go on my own! As soon as I got there I was immediately put at ease and all of the leaders and helpers were really friendly and supportive. I filled out all my paperwork and then it was time for the talk to start. This week it was about coffee shops which luckily is not really a problem for me, as I rarely visit them, but it was still interesting to listen too and hear what other members had to say. Two members got their first stone as well which is inspiring to see the plan working for other people.

At the end of the meeting it was time for the dreaded weigh in. Weight watchers also seem to make me quite a bit heavier then any other scales so I had prepared myself for it to be horrific! I debated on if I should reveal my weight on here, as how much a person weighs is a very personal thing, but then I decided that I need to make myself accountable so putting it out there into cyber space is probably a good thing. It is also good for any of you, my readers, that need to loose weight to see that you are not alone and that no matter how bad it gets, it is never too late.

So my official weight watchers first weigh in was 17st 13lbs. Here's to hoping that I never again see that weight on the scales!





8 comments:

  1. Good on you! I started not far off that. We will support you, I love wobbles wednesday, its become my slimming club xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done for taking that first step!
    I've just joined weight watchers online this week so hoping for a good weigh in too

    AliceMegan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done on joining up too :-) Hopefully we will both have something great to share next week!

      Delete
  3. Go for it. WeightWatchers worked well for me in my 20s. But since having the kids I've struggled with it, and come to the conclusion that it's not for me. I have a friend who's doing great with them though.
    The main thing is to take that first step.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done for taking that first step and thanks for linking up. I'm a right chicken about sharing my weight with anyone apart from my scales so I'm in awe that you did!
    Hope to see you with us tomorrow, can you let me know your twitter handle so I can share posts please?
    Thanks Jeannette @autismmumma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for having me Jeannette :-) My twitter name is @mumabetterlife

      Delete