Friday 14 March 2014

The prompt - week 9

mumturnedmomThe Prompt for this week from the lovely mumturnedmom is a quote and it is:

Spring is the time of plans and projects. Leo Tolstoy, Anna Karenina



I like to think that spring is the next step for planning and goal setting after setting new year resolutions.

When we get to spring it is the perfect time to review those goals that we set ourselves and make an action plan on moving forward adjusting our previous goals to fit where we are with them. If those previous goals and plans have got waylaid, now is the perfect time to start again.

Spring brings more sunlight which in turn seems to lift the spirits of most people and the idea of the flowers starting to bloom and the baby lambs being born adds to that feeling that now is the time to spring into action.

Spring is also a great time to start making plans on improving our homes and gardens and of course the somewhat dreaded spring cleaning also comes to mind.

For me, it is this time of year that I really start brain storming about different ways that I can be more organised in myself and with the household chores and planning out projects that I hope to undertake during the year. It is a time that I plan out exercise and health and beauty plans that will help lift my mood and make me feel better in general and it is a time that I take stock of the household finances and work out which projects are realistic for us to try and tackle for the rest of year. 

10 comments:

  1. I think Spring really is the perfect time to start planning and organising, everything feels brighter and fresher. Good luck with all your organising! Thanks so much for linking to #ThePrompt x

    ReplyDelete
  2. VaiChin @RamblingThroughParenthood: I too am a total believer that spring is the perfect time to make resolutions. They are far more likely to stick than the ones made in the bleak of winter! #theprompt

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's something about spring that gives us new energy and motivation to get things done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of getting so organised! Especially with my personal health and fitness - an area of life sorely neglected for me! :). Good luck with it all, sounds like this spring will herald lots of good things. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a good time to plan. I'm planning the kitchen garden, but also kick starting my house organizing again with The Fly Lady. Have a feeling a open her book every Spring after ignoring it for months. Need the change of season to prompt me. #ThePrompt

    ReplyDelete