Wednesday 19 March 2014

A bad start with a nice ending!

A week following the weight watchers new simple start plan which is basically the same as slimming worlds old plan that I have done in the past but with even less flexibility and I was not a happy dieter!

I think that half of the problem was that I thought I knew what I was going to be eating and had already planned out my weeks meals etc. and then I was hit with the new plan which you do for the first two weeks and it really threw me.

Now to most people, including my hubby, the fact that it is only two weeks should mean that it is not a problem and I should just get on with it but for me it felt like the end of the world! I was not happy and on my return to my meeting when asked by my leader how I had found the week when I was standing at the scales I told her that I was less then impressed, as I thought that one of the most important parts of getting weighed is that you are honest, and yet I got a very frosty response which finished with 'Well, you've lost 3.5lbs so it couldn't have been that bad!'

So I am very pleased with my loss and I am also pleased that I am now on the second phase of simple start which does allow choice and flexibility, but I am not so pleased with my leader as it seems that you should only be honest with them as long as you don't say anything negative about the plan!

The meeting talk today was going through the simple start plan and the normal pro points plan to refresh memories and make sure that every one understood everything and that we were all doing it right. I know that it is important for everyone to know what they are doing and each person is different so what seems simple to me could be as clear as mud to another person but I did feel that this topic was rather pointless as all of the information on the plan can be found in our books and online so it just seemed boring to me. I hope that next weeks topic is a bit more exciting and informative!

So not a great week for me, but I did manage to learn quite a few things that include;

* I am not very good at coping with change!

* I can achieve weight loss even when I am stressed, fed up and generally feeling sorry for myself!

* Weight watchers in meeting sweet and nutty peanut bars are delicious and I would eat them even if I was not on a diet.

Aims for next week.

1) To loose 2lbs.
2) To improve my mood and get my positivity back!
3) To plan out some short and long term goals for my weight loss.

Starting weight                          17st 13lbs.
Weight loss this week                  3.5lbs
Total weight loss so far                3.5lbs.
My current weight                     17st 9.5lbs.

I am linking this post up to wobbles Wednesday linky over at autismmumma.





11 comments:

  1. Well done on the loss, I would have argued too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on that massive loss! I think a #PMA is needed by us all this week xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A good positive start, even if it didn't feel great at the time. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WELL DONE!! This is brilliant :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous start even if it didn't feel like it through the week. I'm also doing weight watchers but really didn't like the idea of simple start so went straight onto propointing.

    AliceMegan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic start, well done. Look foward to seeing how you've got on tomorrow and thanks for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete