Friday 7 March 2014

The prompt - week 8

mumturnedmomThis week's prompt from Sara over at Mum turned mom is a word and it is:

Reflection



The word reflection can be used in two different ways, the first is the reflection in the mirror and the second is the reflections of your life or things that you have done.

Reflecting on life is something that I have always been good at and that helped me a great deal when I was on my social work degree as we were given a book that was named reflection journal where we would have to take time to reflect on the work we had had done in our placements and the things that we had learned in our classes and note them down.

The only problem that I have had in the past is it is easy for those after thoughts to start taking over your life and very quickly those thoughts can turn into regret for things you should of said or done and this can lead to depression. One of the great things that I have now learned is to keep things in perspective as you can not go back and change things so you need to work through past issues and then leave them in the past where they belong and move on.

When done correctly taking time to reflect each week is actually a really good tool to use, as it can help keep you on track for goals you may have and it can also help you learn and grow as a person when you look back at the different situations and events that have occurred. I like to try and spend about 30 minutes every Sunday going over what has happened over the last week and making plans based on my reflections of the pervious week.

I think it also helps you to take notice of the things that are good in life and the people that matter. It is very easy to get swept through life as there is always something that needs doing but it is good to stop even if just for a few minutes to reflect and make plans to ensure that you get the most out of every day.


8 comments:

  1. I think you're right - I like to reflect back and take stock, but for positive reasons and to move forward, rather than wallow. Lovely that you take this time out each week. I find writing my Word of the Week post each week gets me looking back on my week in this way, and I do enjoy doing that. #ThePrompt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to look into this word of the week as I have seen a lot of good things about it. Thanks for commenting :-)

      Delete
  2. I think that's a really good thing to do, take a moment to reflect on your week. It's something I don't really take the time to do, and I suspect in would be beneficial, especially to put things in perspective, as you say. Thank you so much for linking to #ThePrompt xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a good idea to have a weekly reflection! #theprompt

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a great idea, I have never thought of taking time out regularly to reflect on things, brilliant! #thePrompt

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great thing to do. Too often, we are so busy we do not take the time to reflect at all... I like the way you are approaching this. Mel #ThePrompt

    ReplyDelete