Monday 28 April 2014

Organic make-up review

For those of you that like to buy organic products I have found a website called Mypure that sells natural organic make up and skin care items which is great for those of us that want to look good but still do our little bit for the planet. I ordered a mascara and a lip gloss to try out as they are my two favourite items when it comes to make-up. 



Thickening mascara in jet black by living nature which is currently priced at £21. This is a little pricey for myself personally but I am on a very low income at the moment. I think that many branded mascaras from department stores are usually priced between ten and twenty pounds so I guess this is not too bad considering it only contains natural ingredients and is both synthetic and animal free. 


My opinion.
I liked the appearance of the mascara as it is all black apart from the logo on the top of the lid and simple designs like this are nice and always appeal to me. The mascara said on the box that it was clump free and I can not tell you the amount of times that I have read that about a mascara only to end up with lumps all over my lashes so I was excited to see if this one would live up to it's promise. I am happy to say that it has, so far there has not been a single clump on the brush or my lashes. I am not sure if my lashes looked thicker from using the mascara but they definitely looked longer and stood out more then when I use my normal mascara so I was very happy with this product.

Tinting lip gloss in moon kissed rose by Madara which is currently priced at £9. Again I think that it is a little pricey for me but a fair price when considered against other branded glosses from department stores. 

My opinion.
The box says that it is 'Super shiny natural lip gloss' and I will agree that it does give off a good shine however there doesn't seem to be much colour. I know that it is tinted lip gloss so the colour would be minimal but I expected there to be more colour and sparkle as the colour that you can see in the tube is lovely and shimmery. It does also say to apply liberally so maybe I am not using enough but the gloss is very sticky and I am not a fan of sticky lips so I would not want a thick coating of the gloss.  

**Please note that I received the two items of which I have reviewed for free for the purpose of this review, however all thoughts, photographs and opinions are my own.**

No comments:

Post a Comment