Wednesday 8 January 2014

Using quotes or sayings as rules of life.

There are a lot of quotes or sayings that I have heard over the years and some are probably well known almost everywhere but some may be more connected to the geographical area. Now that we have the internet we can find many websites full of inspirational quotes and sayings and I have found some that I really believe in and use as rules in my day to day life. I probably really annoy my family as I'm always using the quotes when giving advice. Anyway, I thought I would share the one's I love the most so I'll start by sharing my favourite quote.
Be who you are and say what you feel because those that mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind.
I really love this as it is so true. When I was younger I use to be a nervous wreck, always worrying what people thought of me. I would never speak out in group situations and I would always try and hide in the back ground as I was so worried that people would be thinking bad things about me.
 
When I turned 30 it was as if something inside my head clicked and I suddenly realised that it didn't matter what anyone thought of me apart from my hubby and my children and I know that they will always love me and have my back.
 
I'm not going to pretend that I am now one of the most confident people in the world as I am still shy and I do sometimes hear those old thoughts and worries but then I think of this quote and I feel a weight being lifted off my shoulders. I even managed to join an amateur dramatics group and performed one of the lead roles on stage for the first time since leaving high school. So if you find that you worry a lot about what people may or may not be thinking about you, remember this quote and smile.


No comments:

Post a Comment