Wednesday 15 January 2014

Gift Cupboard.

I have kept a gift cupboard for the last 11 years and it is something that I will continue to do for the rest of my life as it helps to save me money and it also helps to keep me organised.
 
For those of you that do not know what a gift cupboard is, I shall explain. It is basically an area that you use to store all your gifts for Christmas, birthdays and all other occasions that you need to buy gifts for. It could be a cupboard, a draw or a box under your bed or in your loft, the choice is yours.
 
When you are out shopping and you see something on sale that you know your brother would like but it will not be his birthday for another six months, you buy it on sale and store it in your gift cupboard until his birthday.
 
I am forever adding bits and bobs to my cupboard and it has saved me so much stress over the years, particularly with children's birthday parties. I would find an invitation at the bottom of my daughters book bag inviting her to a party and instead of rushing into town trying to find something I had a choice of gifts already brought in my cupboard. I also stock up on cards and gift wrap and keep them in there too.
 
It is such a simple idea and well worth the effort as it saves you money, time and stress.

4 comments:

  1. Top idea, I keep meaning to start one of these, I have a box with a few bits in it but would be good to have something more. I suspect as my little boy gets older and goes to parties it will be very useful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Katherine :-) It really is very useful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great idea. Thanks for the tip!
    #MBPW

    ReplyDelete