Thursday 29 May 2014

Peanut butter chocolate brownies.

I love to bake and I adore the combination of peanut butter and chocolate! With Chloe's 15th birthday coming up, I thought that I would make some peanut butter chocolate brownies, as I know that they are one of Chloe's favourite cakes that I bake. The recipe is quite naughty but everyone deserves a treat now and again! 

Ingredients.

* 225g crunchy peanut butter.
* 200g chocolate.
* 280g soft light brown sugar.
* 3 eggs.
* 100g self-raising flour.

Method.

1) Pre-heat the oven to 180 and line a baking tin.

2) Gently melt the sugar with 175g of the peanut butter and 150g of the chocolate in a saucepan. 

3) Turn off the heat and use a wooden spoon to beat in the eggs one at a time.

4) Stir in the flour and then tip into the baking tin.

5) Melt the rest of the peanut butter and then drizzle over the brownie mix.

6) Bake for 30 - 35 minutes until it has a crust but the middle still seems ever so lightly uncooked.

7) Melt the remaining chocolate and drizzle over the top.

8) Cool in the tin and then remove from tin and cut into large squares.

This recipe should make about 18 brownies. 

23 comments:

  1. I love peanut butter and I love chocolate but I've never thought of trying them together! Thanks for the recipe, I must give it a go sometime :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How strange! I've just literally put my own version of these into cook before stumbling onto your recipe

    AliceMegan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm yum, bet these are amazing. Have a half jar of peanut butter left in the cupboard may jibe this one a go. #recipeoftheweek

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love making brownies although I have to admit I'm not really a fan of peanut butter, these sound fab for those who are though x #recipeoftheweek

    ReplyDelete
  5. These sound amazing Denise! Big peanut butter fans here :-) #recipeoftheweek

    ReplyDelete
  6. How amazing does this look!
    #recipeoftheweek

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore nuts and love peanut butter so this sounds a perfect combination to me! #recipeoftheweek

    ReplyDelete
  8. These sound good. Haven't tried peanut butter in brownies. Did some chocolate lime brownies which I haven't got round to blogging the recipe yet. #recipeoftheweek

    ReplyDelete
  9. An irresistible combination! #Recipe of the week

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh these look divine, I'm drooling here! #RecipeOfTheWeek

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh goodness I could so eat one (or maybe three) of these right now with a milky cuppa. They look really nice. Thanks so much for linking up with #recipeoftheweek - I've pinned and tweeted this post and there's a fresh linky going live at 6pm this evening :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Denise, I saw this recipe in your side bar and oh my! They do sound good. I'll have to wait intil I can get my hands on some crunchy peanut butter, but this is a recipe I have to try!

    xx

    ReplyDelete