Thursday 16 January 2014

Quote time - 'Life is what you make it'

I thought that I would give you my take on the popular saying 'life is what you make it'. It is a saying that I do really agree with but in the right context. You see, family members have often butted heads with me over this as they say things like 'I did not ask to be a single mum so how is life what you make it?' or 'I did not choose to loose my job, so life is not what you make it'.
 
Now I agree that things can happen beyond our control that we did not ask to happen. Some people suffer much greater tragedies then the examples I have just given and of course they would not of chosen for their life to have experienced such things. However, I think that the saying actually means that we all choose how we react to the things that happen to us.
 
I did not choose to have ME but I can choose how I deal with that. I have the choice of how I can handle my life and the fact that I have ME. I can choose to either give up and feel sorry for myself or to look for any good that can come from it and find different ways to achieve my goals.
 
It's about keeping a positive attitude and focusing on the things that you can change. It's about not letting opportunities pass you by and also going out into the world to make things happen for you. It is overcoming barriers and treating people how you would like to be treated. We all have a choice on how we behave in life and that is why I do believe that life is what you make it.

2 comments:

  1. Great post, I like your positivity. Thanks for commenting on my post too (New Year New Mummy).

    ReplyDelete