Tuesday 21 January 2014

The sick kit!

Being ill is never nice and for me, it is even worse if it is one of the kids that is ill. When you or someone close is very ill with a sick bug, you can very quickly find yourself up to your eyes in vomit and running around the house like a headless chicken trying to find bowls, clean sheets, tissues and so on.
 
This happened to me the last time that my little one was  ill with a bug and I decided that I needed to be more prepared so that I could spend more time comforting and less time searching for things. That is when I decided to make a 'sick kit'.
 
A sick kit is a bit like a first aid kit. It is basically everything that I think is useful to have when someone is ill with a sick bug. It's all together in a box or bag in an easy to get to place so when the worst happens you just need to go to the one place and grab the box or bag and there is everything that you could possibly need.
 
Below is a list of the contents of my kit in case you are interested in making your own.
 
  • Old clean sheets.
  • Old clean towels.
  • Kitchen roll.
  • Flannel.
  • Sponge.
  • Tissues.
  • Plastic bowl (for vomiting in!)
  • Hair bands for tying back long hair!
  • Disinfectant.
  • Tins of soup.
  • Crackers.
  • Bottles of water.
  • Hand sanitizer.
  • Thermometer.
  • Lip balm.

No comments:

Post a Comment