Wednesday 20 November 2013

One for the freezer

Of course in an ideal world I would cook everything from scratch but in the real world, I do not always have the time so I'm always on the look out for nice and easy dinners that I can keep in the freezer for when I'm short on time and in need of something simple.

Well, I have found something perfect for that purpose in the winter months. It is a chicken hotpot from Iceland and it only costs £3!! It is part of a range of family ready meals that they are doing and it comes in a 1.6kg pack so there is plenty there.

I really like it and I think that it is such a bargain at that price. You can cook it straight from frozen and it takes about an hour in the oven. It is basically carrots and chicken in sauce with sliced potatoes over the top. If I was going to be really picky I guess it could probably do with more chicken, but for the price of just £3, I am happy with what you get.

It is so easy and convenient and I just put on a pan of extra vegetables to go with it and it easily feeds us all. It tastes great and all my family like it so I am going to make sure that I always have one in my freezer!

No comments:

Post a Comment