Saturday 20 July 2013

Summer record sheets.

This is an idea I had when my older two girls were little and we have done it ever since and it's so simple to do!
Every summer holiday I get a sheet of plain A4 paper and write on the top 'Summer record sheet'. I then draw a line for them to write in the date and then I get them to write about their day, high lighting things that they have particularly enjoyed. I get them to draw at least one picture of something that they have enjoyed that day and they can also stick on things like cinema tickets or postcards from places we've been. I buy them a folder and then we put the sheets into the folder and at the end of the six weeks holidays, we have a lovely folder full of their thoughts, drawings and souvenirs to keep forever and look back on in years to come. LJ and CJ who are now 15 and 14 years old often look back through their old folders and reminisce on times gone by and it is so easy to do. If you have a printer you can just make one sheet and then print them off as you go so it's not very time consuming at all. Each night about 30 minutes before going up for baths and bed we sit down and fill them in and it's educational as well as it gets them practising their handwriting, spellings and reading.
So there you have it, a simple easy idea that can create memories that will last a lifetime!

No comments:

Post a Comment