Monday 8 July 2013

A bit about me!

I thought that it would be good to introduce myself to you all so here goes!

I'm Denise, I'm 32 years old and my birthday is October 10th which makes me a Libra. I am married to DJ who is 39 years old and we have been together for 17 1/2 years in total, married for 11 of them this September. We have three children together - all girls! LJ is 15, CJ is 14 and FJ is 5 years old.

My hobbies include; scrapbooking, card making, baking and cooking, snail mail pen palling, playing sing star, doing things with my family, entering competitions, reading, watching TV and films, amateur dramatics and writing.

I have had ME since 2009 (well, that was when I was given the official diagnosis, but I think that it actually started in 2007) which has been a real struggle for both myself and my family but I am dealing with it better now then I was. Before I fell ill I was actually on a social work degree in the second year and I was doing really well so it has been difficult to come to terms with thinking of where I was in terms of knowing exactly where my life was going, to the uncertainty that being ill has left me with.

I am not as healthy as I would like to be as I have gained a huge amount of weight since being ill due to not being able to move very much, comfort eating and the side effect of medication so 10 weeks ago I joined weight watchers and so far I have lost 21lbs which although I know that I still have a long way to go I'm pleased with how I have done so far. I have also been trying to give up smoking for the last year! I have done 12 weeks twice and lot's of days and weeks here and there but I just can't seem to do it for good. So, with that in mind I know I have a lot to do to improve my health and quality of life.

I am writing this blog with the experience of having three children and the experience of life in general as if I can help just one person to improve their families live then I know that this will be worth doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment