Wednesday 26 February 2014

My groovy update 20/02/14 - 26/02/14

This week has been a quiet week for us. I think I needed a calmer week after last weeks fun, so for me I have spent most of my week baking, working on the blog and doing things with the kids.

On Saturday it was the last part of Faith's birthday celebrations with a party at a local soft play centre for Faith and 9 of her friends. Only five friends actually came which was a shame although it didn't seem to bother Faith as she had a brilliant time.




Weight watchers is still not joined thanks to my hubby who has a habit of putting things off. He thinks it will be better to wait until after the weekend as I will be taking Lauren into London for her day of treats and visit to Wicked that I organised for her 16th birthday in January. I can see where he is coming form but at the same time I think that there will always be something to stop me from joining so I am determined to join up next Thursday no matter what he says!

Kate over at Kate on thin ice has set us another challenge, well three actually, but I am choosing to do the poem about myself. (Please be kind on my attempts at poetry!) This is an adaption of a poem that I wrote a very long time ago.

A poem about me.

Sometimes I hate me,
I just can't see one good quality,
But slowly that is improving,
Step by step I am getting my groove on!

I'm proud to be a good mum to my three wonderful girls,
 And I know that I'm raising them right,
Each time I look in their eyes,
 And see them smile as I kiss them goodnight.

I look after my family in a kind and caring way,
I always have time for them no matter how busy my day.
I always listen and I never judge,
I always try to remain true to myself.

I'm an honest person, I hate lies,
I'm quietly confident, but people think that I'm shy.
Life is full of laughter, I love to have fun,
I see the glass half full, I'm the positive one.

I try my hardest each and every day,
to keep moving and improving in every single way,
Deep down I know I owe it to myself,
So no matter what, I'll never give up.











2 comments:

  1. Well done on the poem challenge front. Quietly confident rather than shy is interesting. Get that Weightwatchers thing joined at the right time for YOU. Enjoy Wicked - envious on that one

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate :-) Yeah I am really looking forward to seeing Wicked

      Delete