Friday 3 August 2018

My July 2018




July has been a good month for us. For me personally, deciding to start writing this blog again has already brought me a lot of joy as not only do I enjoy writing and expressing myself but also the whole blogging community is a lovely place to be. 

I have also had my last student social work placement confirmed which I am very excited about. I will be starting in September and if all goes to plan I should finish around April time and will then be fully qualified which is very exciting.

We enjoyed a weekend away in London where we visited Shrek's Adventure, the Natural History Museum and Chessington theme park. It was lovely to spend some quality time together and we had so much fun. 

FJ finished year five at primary school which is crazy to think that she will be starting her last year at Primary school in September! Exciting but scary times ahead!

The summer holidays are whizzing by, can't believe it has been two weeks already. We didn't get to do very much during the first week as FJ attends an amateur dramatics group with CJ and it was show week so she had nightly rehearsals and performances and was really tired from it all. It was her first show and I know that I'm biased but I could not have been more proud! She really shined on stage, she was absolutely brilliant and her confidence has really improved since she started attending the group. CJ also did really well as was expected as we have watched her perform many times before

During the second week, we have just been doing crafts at home and going to the pool and the cinema as FJ needed a more relaxed week after such a busy show week. 

Have you enjoyed July? What have you been up to?
If you enjoy reading my blog then I would be most grateful if you could share my blog posts on your social media :-) 

Sharing with:


My Random Musings



3 Little Buttons


16 comments:

  1. It's amazing how fast the month went. Since my husband's birthday is in July, for us, it's all about ice cream!
    XOXO
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com
    #anythinggoes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds a fantastic month you have had. I love the history museum though feel you need more then a day to explore to see it all in it's glory X #anythinggoes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Summer seems to be flying by. Sometimes I just want to grab it and hold on. #keepingitreal

    ReplyDelete
  4. We can’t believe how quickly the summer holidays are whizzing past either! Sounds like you have been busy x Popping over from #DreamTeam x

    ReplyDelete
  5. July is really like the last hurrah if you've got kids, at least for them as school is starting up shortly. We had some hot days and I was swimming a good deal so that makes it a good one for me. Congrats on the final student placement and starting up your blog again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like you have had a busy and exciting July! I do love July too. But it all goes past way too quickly when you are having fun :-) Thanks for joining us for the #dreamteam x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they always say that time flys when you're having fun!

      Delete
  7. Hi Denise, when I started blogging I didn't expect a community, let alone such a friendly one... Exciting times ahead for you! Social workers are like angels of the community and as hard as I expect it will be at times, I'm sure the feeling of doing good will help get you through... I'm sure the rest of the school summer holidays will fly by now we are into August, but there is still plenty of time to make memories.

    Thank you for linking up with #keepingitreal.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so right about the blogosphere. We had an action packed July that you can read about on my blog. #keepingitreal

    ReplyDelete