Thursday 31 July 2014

Tuna pasta salad

I love having meals that can be thrown together quickly for nights where we are extra busy as it saves us from relying on a take-a-way which saves us money. It is also much healthier then most take-a-ways too and as I am a self confessed control freak knowing I have something quick and easy makes me feel much more in control of things which keeps me happy!

I thought I would share with you one of those simple meals. I have chosen to share my tuna pasta salad as it is a huge favourite of all three of my kids and that in itself is a rare thing!

To make tuna pasta salad you will need;

* 2 tins of tuna in brine or spring water.
* A 500g bag of dry pasta.
* 2 table spoons of salad cream.
* Cucumber
* Cherry tomatoes.

This is so simple to make and it makes a lot as I fill two large bowls and it easily fills up two teenagers, two adults and a little one with some leftovers for lunch the next day so if you have a smaller family you could simply half the amount of ingredients.

To make simply;

Cook the pasta as you normally would and once drained split into the two bowls.

Drain the tuna and add a tin to each bowl.

Put a tablespoon of salad cream into each bowl.

Chop the tomatoes and cucumber into small pieces and add to the bowls.

Then simply mix up and serve with some part baked rolls.



No comments:

Post a Comment