Friday 4 July 2014

The prompt - life without TV?

mumturnedmomThe Prompt for this week from the lovely Sara over at Mumturnedmom is a topic and it is:
TV: could you live without it?



Yes I could! I must admit that I would rather not live without TV as sometimes it is just nice to chill out and indulge in some me time watching some of my favourite TV shows but if I had to live without it, I could. 


My hubby and kids however, would be mortified if they could not watch TV and there has been times that I have imposed 'no technology' rules where we have gone a week or so with no TV, computers and phones etc but they all hate it.

I like watching TV but not all the time and I often take myself off to bed for an early night so that I can read a good book while they watch TV as I personally feel that watching too much TV can make my head go fuzzy and it is not good for me. 

That being said, I am a fan of quite a few shows and I love having sky+ as now the TV doesn't dictate life like it use to before as I can record my shows and watch when I'm ready. The only problem with this is that I am always very behind on shows and then other people end up letting things out about the show as they don't realise how behind I am!

My current favourites at the moment are; Big brother, NCIS, horded - buried alive and Grim. I also love to watch movies and I try to watch one a week as I am a member of love film. I like watching Comedies as I think it's important to laugh as much as possible as it is such a mood lifter. 

Could you live without TV? 

10 comments:

  1. I agree, I could live without it if I had to, but I don't really want to! I don't watch that much TV now, but I enjoy what I do watch. I would also have a mutiny in my house if I tried to take the TV away :) Thanks so much for linking to #ThePrompt x

    ReplyDelete
  2. No technology rules?
    For a week?
    Impressed! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could probably live without it but I don't think the rest of my family could! Am impressed you manage to get your family to be technology-free for a week - not sure we would be able to get through a day! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, it was only to shake them all up as they had been misbehaving a lot and I wanted them to know that I meant business!

      Delete
  4. My hubbie and the boys couldn't cope either and I'd have a full scale mutiny if I suggested no tech for a week! Good for you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am with your family. I don't think I could go a whole week without technology without probably ending up rocking in the corner of a padded room lol I love having sky + too because it means if I miss my show or the kids want to watch something or my hubby want to go on Xbox then it's fine. I use to read books but I rarely have time now and everytime I get into a book someone will want something. So I stick with blogs until my babies are older

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really did make me laugh out loud when I read your comment Nicola! Yes it is hard to find time to read, especially if you have little ones. :-)

      Delete