Thursday 8 May 2014

April 2014

April has been a funny month for me, there have been some really great moments and some really bad moments too. Feels a bit like I've been on a roller coaster for the last month! 


I went to Chloe's parents evening which was fantastic as she is doing so well and proving that she has the ability to achieve great things if she makes the effort and keeps her attitude in check. She is very strong willed and she knows her own mind which is brilliant, but she does seem to struggle a bit with authority as a result of it, but I am really proud of how she has grown up and started to take real pride in her studies. 

Lauren is nearing the end of her high school years with exams just weeks away. I am proud of how she is handling the pressure that she puts herself under. I would be proud of her no matter what her results are as long as she has tried her best but she has set herself high expectations which can make her get very stressed. We have been through a lot over the last two years and I have found it difficult in my blogging as I do not want to go into too many details unless Lauren is at a place that she gives me permission to do so. I hope that one day I can share some of what we have been through in order to help others that may be experiencing the same problems, but for now I will just say that I think that we have made some good progress and turned a corner. That is not to say that everything is perfect, but she is starting to open up to me more and seems much more ready to accept help and move forward.

Prom is getting nearer which will be lovely for Lauren although it will be a strain on our budget as she needs a dress, hair and nails, the ticket to the venue, transport and the list goes on! We never had proms when I was at high school so it is all very new to me. We have managed to arrange for Lauren to be taken to prom in a fire engine thanks to another mum. There is enough room for a few of them to go together and that way we have been able to split the cost and she is really excited about that. 

Faith is at that age where she is really testing the boundaries and that can be hard work! It's funny as she can be such a sweetheart one minute and then all of a sudden she turns into a right little devil, bless her!

We had a great Easter holidays during which we went camping, bowling, had family round and took part in lots of Easter activities. 

I have also made a massive decision after much discussion with Darren and can't wait to share my news with you all but I need to finalise details and what not before I say anything. 

I feel like I am starting to live again and it is wonderful!

4 comments:

  1. That sounds exciting news Denise! Sorry you've had a hard time with your teen - I can only imagine what that stage of our lives might bring!! #sharewithme

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's fantastic you are feeling like you again. Go you!!! All sounds so excited and amazing. Whatever it is best of luck sweets. Sounds like the girls are all doing amazing too. You definitely have a lot going on. WOW. Thank you so much for linking up to Share With Me #sharewithme Hope to see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete