Monday 12 May 2014

Number 14 - check!

Today is the day that I can successfully check off another item from my 40 by 40 list!

I feel that I have now been smoke free long enough to say that I have officially given up smoking and my goodness do I feel better for it!


I am really proud of myself as it has been a long time since I actually achieved something that I had planned to do and it took me a really long time and a lot of soul searching to get to the place that I am in now. 

For those of you that have never smoked or maybe smoked occasionally as a social smoker you may be thinking that I am making a big deal from a simple thing, but to anyone that has ever been a heavy smoker for a long time who is also dealing with severe depression, anxiety and illness you will understand how hard it is to actually kick that addiction.

I feel so much better now, there are so many benefits. I already feel fitter and able to breath more easier then before when climbing stairs or doing strenuous activity. I have noticed that there is actually money left in my bank at the end of each month and it may not be much due to current circumstances but it is certainly better then always being left with nothing and having to ask family to lend us money to get us through to the next month. My home and clothes smell better and I do not feel embarrassed when sitting next to people in waiting rooms or on public transport as I know that I do not smell bad now (well I hope I don't!) 

It is funny as I always thought that I would miss smoking but I can honestly say that there is absolutely nothing that I miss at all about smoking now and I hope that I never ever return to it.

4 comments:

  1. My husband gave up a while ago and is really glad he did, especially now that we have a family. It is a great achievement, you've every right to feel proud! #MMWBH

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never smoked. Ever. So I cannot even imagine what it takes to give up. Sure, I've seen my Aunts and even my Late Mother for a time give up, but they always fell off the wagon and went right back. It's so amazing to hear you in such a fab place and by all accounts, you SHOULD be proud of yourself. Well done chicken! Thanks so much for linking up! #MMWBH xx

    http://www.superbusymum.net

    ReplyDelete