Wednesday 22 January 2014

My groovy update.

I have had quite a good week and I am pleased with the progress I have made so far. Last week I set myself three aims for the week.


The first was to have a heart to heart with my husband which I did and although we have a lot of work to do, the good news is that we both want to try and get the marriage back on track and neither one of us has completely given up. We realised that we both need to make changes and we both need to spend more time together. We have agreed to have a date night once a month which will start on valentines night and we also need to plan some time during the week to be together as well. It is very early days and we have a lot of work ahead of us but he did buy me flowers the other day, the first time in about four years!

My second aim was to do my nails. As you can see from my rather bad photography, I did do them and it really did lift my mood! I felt more positive and put together and I am really pleased that I took the time to do them. For anyone interested, I used Avon magnetic nail varnish to get the stripy effect. I am going to make a conscious effort to do my nails at least once a week from now on.

My final aim last week was to arrange a date with my mum to go back to weight watchers. I have half done this as I have sorted out the times of our nearest one and when I would like to start but I haven't discussed it with my mum yet as I haven't seen her yet as I was so busy sorting out Laurens 16th.


I only have one aim for this week, to finally give up smoking! If I can post next week that I have not had a single cigarette then I will be well on my way as past experience has taught me that if I can go a week, half the battle has already been won, as after a week I do not want to mess up my progress and then have to start again. It's getting to that week that's the hard part as I am forever trying to give up smoking and then messing up on the second or third day.

I hope all the other ladies taking part in Kate's groovy mums are having a groovy week and fingers crossed I will too.

4 comments:

  1. It is great to hear how you tackled those baby but important steps particularly on the marriage front. The nails look fabulous and am loving the stripes. I too want to get back to weight loss properly. I don't smoke but my husband does and I know what a challenge it can be but hey, you are groovy and can do this. @kateonthinice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its great news that you managed to stick to last weeks goals and as hard as this weeks goal is I am sure you can manage to achieve that too. Are you going to be using some stop smoking aides or going cold turkey on your own. I've never smoked but I do know from friends you have that its easier with a stop smoking aid and to try to do it with friends so you all work as morale support.

    Wishing you all the best this week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Candace. I have tried every way possible to give up smoking in the past so this time I have decided on pure willpower and distraction tactics and my hubby is also giving up with me. Been five days so far so I am off to a good start even though it's very early days.

      Delete