Tuesday 30 December 2014

An update to finish off 2014!

Hello out there! I can not believe that it has been nearly four months since I last posted, returning to a full time degree has been a lot more hectic then I imagined. Life has certainly been busy but I feel like I am getting things under control and I am hoping to start posting much more regularly!



Going back to university has been hard. The work load is much larger then it was eight years ago, I am out of practice for academic work and I have three children, but the social side of uni has been the hardest aspect for me. I made such an effort to push through my shyness and speak to people at induction as I did not want to be alone and friendless like before. I hit it off with a lady that I had previously met at the interview day and I felt like things were going to be different this time, However, three weeks into the course she left the degree due to personal reasons. By this time every one was already in their little friendship groups and I am now in the position of everyone knowing me and speaking to me in class but when it comes to break and lunch times, every one goes off in their groups and I am always left on my own. It's hard as it reminds me of school days when I was always alone but I just have to focus on why I am there  - to get a degree, to get a job which I will enjoy and which will also benefit my family.

I shall leave you with some photo's from the last four months. I hope that you all had a great Christmas and that you all have a fantastic new year!





 December!


No comments:

Post a Comment