Wednesday 18 December 2013

My Christmas day.

How are you planning to spend your Christmas day this year? Do you follow the same routine each year or do your plans vary? I love hearing how others spend their Christmas as it can give me ideas of things that I may not of ever thought of to try and I am also a complete Christmas nut so I never get board talking about Christmas!

I thought that I would share with you all how I am planning on spending my Christmas this year.
 
So as I mentioned in my Christmas traditions post, we all wake up together in the same room on Christmas morning. We will then all go downstairs together to see if Santa has been! This is normally around 5am. We get a drink and then settle down in our living room to open the presents in our stockings but the tree presents do not get opened until later.
 
At about 8am we have some breakfast - this year we will be having homemade Christmas morning muffins with fresh fruit salad and croissants. 
 
At 9am we get ourselves ready for the day and then the children play with their presents that they opened from their stockings while myself and my hubby get on with cooking the big Christmas dinner.
 
Normally we do not go out or have any guests come to ours as we like to be together as a family but this year we felt like having a change so we have decided to invite my step-dad, my mum and my brother to dinner so they should be arriving at around 11:30am.
 
Dinner will be around 1pm and our Christmas day menu is quite traditional and is as follows;
  • Turkey
  • Roast potatoes
  • Mashed potatoes
  • Sausages wrapped in bacon.
  • Yorkshire puddings
  • Stuffing
  • Mashed carrots and swede
  • Sprouts
  • Gravy
Then for desert there will be a choice of Christmas pudding with cream or chocolate Cointreau bombe.
 
After dinner we will open the presents from under our tree and then spend the rest of the afternoon playing board games.
 
We will have some tea at about 7pm which will be lot's of different cheeses with crackers and biscuits, cold cuts with pickles and chutneys, crisps and dips and of course some chocolate cakes and treats. We will then watch some Christmas TV and once we have got the children in bed and we have said goodbye to our guests we will then fall into bed ourselves!
 
So there you have it, my Christmas day plans are full of food, family and fun. It may not be the most sophisticated Christmas or the most eventful but it is going to be special to me and my family and that is what Christmas is all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment