Monday 25 November 2013

Autumn Family poem.

When I heard that to win a holiday at Center Parcs you and your family need to write a poem about autumn I jumped at the chance as I love writing poetry and I thought that even if we do not win, it will be a great family project to do.

The poem was inspired by the season and also by some brilliant tips from Emma Tapp and I particularly liked number three.
Get creative - Have your children decorate their poem with autumn leaves or drawings and paintings of autumnal scenes. And, if you’re kids are feeling confident, have them read out their poem and share the video on your blog. 
You can find out all about the competition and read the rest of Emma's tips here.
We took Emma's advice and the children have made a video of our poem.

Autumn Family.
The slight frost in the morning air reveals that autumn is on its way.
So out come the hats, gloves and scarfs when it's time for us to play.
It's raining burnt orange and chocolate brown leaves,
And as they fall, they twirl and swirl in the cold autumn breeze.

Walking together we can hear the soft crackle of crunched leaves under our feet,
We run through piles of fallen leaves up and down our street.
As the day draws to a close, like a dark blanket tucking us back into our den,
We hurry inside to warm up and recharge so tomorrow we can do it all again.

This is my entry into the Center Parcs and tots100 November challenge. If I'm chosen, I would like to visit Elveden forest, Suffolk.

No comments:

Post a Comment